Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Is that a Chive?


*So, my friend is looking around my garden and gets a weird look on her face. “That’s a chive, isn’t it?” she asks. “What’s it doing there and not in an herb garden?” Well, who the heck says just because a plant happens to be an herb that means that it can’t be anywhere else? I like chives but rarely for cooking, although I do so like to take the blossoms and make herb vinegars with them.

That, however, is neither here nor there. The point is I have Chives everywhere, not always because I want it that way. They are rather, shall we say, prolific and they will appear where they will. Next to the peony, daisy or rose bush. It doesn’t care. Not fussy. Here it seems to like the Flag Iris and so there it is. Looks nice to me. *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whacha think?