Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Monday, June 7, 2010

*Definition of gardening*


So, Tommy finds me snipping flowers for indoor display. They were just wild Daisies that decided to grow where they weren’t wanted, along the cracks of the driveway, but still...they are pretty.

“What are you doing?” he says. “Thought you said you were going to do some gardening.”

“I am gardening!” I replied, utterly indignant. “Picking flowers is just as much a part of gardening as pulling weeds.” He walks away laughing.

So, it occurred to me that most people would never think that picking flowers, bending over to smell a rose, taking pictures of your flowers, shrubs and trees and merely enjoying the landscape would be in the definition of gardening. Well, why the heck not??? You are in the garden and doing things in the garden with your plants and that, my dear, deprived, and perhaps a bit delusional, friends is my definition of gardening. So there!

3 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more, my friend! I also happen to think bird watching is considered gardening, as well as observing insects as they curiously scutter about:) And of course, what would a real garden be without those off the wall items we make and display to entertain our plants? Recycled materials often turn into wonderful planters and plant dividers. Nice post, Glory!

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?