Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Longevity and Gardening


Many years ago, I saw on a TV garden show, possibly Victory Garden, a woman being interviewed while she strolled through her garden. She was well into her 70's  (possibly 80's). She was spry, fit, very active and sharp as a tack. I know some 40-somethings who look far less able than this person. What do you suppose she said was her secret for feeling and looking this good? Gardening of course!

She’s up when the sun shows its face, weeds, plants, trims and deadheads her plants and otherwise gardens in those early morning hours. When it gets too hot she goes inside and  does her indoor chores. Once those are done she reads. After the sun grows weak again, she goes back outside to do a few more garden chores.

Well, doesn’t that sound like the life? Work when conditions are optimal and rest when the sun is too hot. Easy enough to follow, I’d say. Perhaps we can all learn from this woman. Then we too can be spry, fit, very active and sharp as a tack well into our 80's. I know I’d like to be!

1 comment:

  1. I got this website from my friend who informed me regarding this website and now this
    time I am visiting this website and reading very
    informative articles here.
    My web site: when does acid reflux occur

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?