Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Nelly Moser Clematis


It’s been a rather bad year for my Clematis and not just Nelly Moser. They’ve all grown kind of scraggly this season and something has been nibbling on them as never before. This is highly unusual. My clematis have always been safe from pests before. I haven’t caught them at it, so, I’m clueless as to what is doing the damage, too.

It has been a bit frustrating. They didn’t seem to flower as prolifically as they have in past growing seasons and I can only conclude it was lack of water. It have been a particularly dry season and I’m not one to water my plants unless they are in pots. It’s just a thing with me. I won’t baby my plants.

If they want to survive in my garden, my plants need to be hardy, trouble free and pretty much take care of themselves. If they don’t, then they are out of here! Perhaps that’s being a bit harsh, but when you consider I have 4 acres, most of which are some sort of garden or planting, I simply don’t have the time to hold a delicate hand...or should we say branch?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whacha think?