Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Nest in the Honeysuckle Hedge


So, there I was trimming --or should I say hacking away unmercifully?- at the overgrown and very crowded Honeysuckle hedge, when what should I find but a bird’s nest. I was thrilled! It was empty at the moment I found it, but still! It meant I truly had myself a wildlife friendly garden. I had heard a bird squawking within the hedge every time I went by and always wondered what his problem was with me. I wasn’t doing anything more than passing by. Did he know I was contemplating trimming down his home shrub later that season?

I knew I had achieved a wildlife friendly garden,  but it’s always good to see further proof of it. A nest does this rather impressively. More so than just birds at the feeders, bees buzzing from flower to flower and butterflies fluttering by. A nest is home and we all know home is where the heart is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whacha think?