Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Strange fruit?


I’ll bet you’re wondering what shrub I have in my garden that can produce such a wonderful fruit as this. Well, even if you’re not, I’ll tell you. This is one of many Pee Gee Hydrangeas I have scattered about my four acres. I love them. They have pretty flowers, a wonderful shape and lovely foliage but they don’t usually produce fruit. If you look closely, however, you’ll spot that it’s a pumpkin in there.

So how the heck did this pumpkin get here, right smack-dab in the center of the shrub? I went on vacation and that’s what happened when I turned my back. Now I can’t remove it until it’s ripe or I’ll tear it off the vine, so, there it will have to stay, at least for a few weeks. My garden produces some strange fruit, don’t you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whacha think?