Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Friday, August 20, 2010

The Troublesome Golden Rod



I’ve been pulling out Goldenrod seemingly since the dawn of time. Okay, so I exaggerate, but it surely feels like it. The funny thing is, Goldenrod is rather pretty and I do wrestle with the idea of letting it stay and I probably would if it weren’t for the fact it takes over. There is no such thing as a tiny patch of goldenrod. And boy, does it grow tall! Almost five feet high. Okay, maybe that’s not tall for some, but definitely for all five foot one of me.

If I could only get it to grow where I wouldn’t mind it, at the back of the perennial border perhaps, and if i could persuade it not to blow its seeds hither and dither. Alas, I may be asking a tad too much from the mighty Goldenrod.

2 comments:

  1. I love goldenrod, but I'm deathly allergic to it. Otherwise, I would have a yard full.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,that is too bad! Thankfully there are other plants for you not to sneeze at.

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?