Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Wedding gifts from the garden


A rather clever idea was brought to my attention by a friend (Thank you, Suzanne!) who was stressing out about her freshly seeded lawn. She had awakened in the middle of the night with a vision of a wedding in which everybody gifted the bride and groom with presents from the garden, perennials mostly to fill their first garden.

I can’t say how much I love that idea!

I think this has potential to be a great theme for a wedding shower. A “For your first garden together” wedding shower could also feature gifts of garden tools and equipment, heirloom vegetable and flower seeds, DIY greenhouse kits, arbors, hydroponic supplies, statues, birdbaths, fountains, trees, shrubs, vines, herbs, houseplants and even yearly memberships to a local botanical garden for the garden enthusiast bride and groom.

I can see this catching on! Makes me want to plan a renewing of vows ceremony. Assuming, of course, that all my family and friends would give me plants I don’t already have. That would be a chore in itself! Finding one I don’t have...near impossible! ;-)

So, the next time you are invited to a wedding and you know the bride and groom will have a garden, why not think of those much needed items which any gardener would love to have? Really, it would make your gift stick out amongst all those toasters and useless trinkets that end up collecting dust in the attic.

You know, I remember every single person that ever gave me a plant for my garden. They will forever be remembered favorably every time I look at their plant still alive and blooming and beautifying my garden. Wouldn’t that be a lovely forever kind of gift for newlyweds?.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whacha think?