Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Mystery solved



I know what this mystery fruit is now. How did I find out? I ate it...well, after I cooked it. Yes, that is how I found out what this thing was. I used a sharp knife to cut it in half-- that in itself was none too easy!-- and I baked it. It was Tommys suggestion as he couldnt tell what it was either. It was the only way to see what this mystery fruit could be. Once I pulled it out of the oven I knew straight away and did a forehead thumping DUH! Wonder if you can guess? Perhaps Im the only dummy. No matter, Im used to this sort of thing happening to me. Live and learn or in this case, garden and learn.So, now that you see it, what do you think it is? We're talking about the one on the right. I know the other is a pumpkin. I just put it there for contrast to help you out.

4 comments:

  1. Bingo, Kathleen! Smart lady. Well, it may seem I'm the dummy here, but as I have never grown any spaghetti squash, it never occurred to me that it could be one. And I don't recall seeing one that big too. Live and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never grew one myself, but cooked a few that big on occasion. Really love your garden and writings about it, Glory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite types of squash. A few years ago when we didn't keep good track of what we planted, Ellen insisted on harvesting one of these unknowns when they were green. We harvest one and ate it. It tasted fine. After careful examination of the tiny strands in the squash, I suggested that they were immature spaghetti squash and we let them grow to maturity. I'm here to suggest that letting them mature is the best approach. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?