Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Year resolutions or all year long resolutions?

It is a new year and I know so many folks feel the need to make those silly new year resolutions which promptly get tossed aside as soon as they exit our consciousness. For some thats a mere week later! So, really, what the heck is the use of it?

Well, it is if you make resolutions which you can continue throughout your life, all year long instead of just for the moment. How to do this? Yes, there lies the trick!
My mother with five of her siblings. She was so happy then as always.
Only you can know what you can stick with for the entire year. As for me, my new years resolution for 2011 is pretty much the same one Ive been unconsciously doing for years and years, all year long and I dont even have to think about it. I just do it.

What could this be? Its rather simple and yet some may find it endlessly impossible. I wish to be happy and gosh-darn-it I do it. Wanna know how? By making others happy. A smile to a stranger who seems to be having a bad day, a joke to make a friend forget her misfortune for a few minutes, a tickle for Tommy when he least expects it, baking a fresh batch of cookies for a neighbor for no reason at all. All these things make me happy because for a second of two I make another person happy.

It really, truly works, at least for me. Yes, there is untold misery in the world, much of which none of us can fix too readily, but there are some things we can do to improve a tiny little portion of the world, our own domain.

Jerry Seinfeld once asked, Are you master of your domain? and to that I reply, Yes! Yes, I am mistress of the manor.

I wish the same for you. Now, what, I wonder, can I do right now to make you happy? Ill think on that for a bit, but in the meantime, heres me cyber-tickling you under the chin. ~Giggle~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whacha think?