Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Monday, March 14, 2011

My backyard bird sanctuary

This pretty bird is a ring-neck pheasant. He decided to show up in my yard the other day to feed on the seeds which fall out of the bird feeders. The picture is a bit hazy because I had to take it through the screen on the door. Tom had tried earlier to get a better picture, but Mr. Camera-shy-pheasant would have none of that! He scurried away when Tom opened the door. Lucky for me he was still hungry and he came back.
 This isn't the only elusive game bird to come to my yard. We have had wild turkeys, 
great blue herons, mallard ducks, hawks, eagles, huge Pilated Woodpeckers, turkey vultures and, of course, all the regular song birds such as Chickedees, Hummingbirds, Bluejays, Cardinal, Sparrows, Starlings, red-wing black birds, gold finches, Bluebirds, Ravens, Purple Martins and some whose names we never did find out.



 So, when I say I have the knowledge for creating your very own backyard bird sanctuary, you really ought to listen to me. If you want to create your own but don't know where to start, go see how I did it over at my Helium Zone. As I tell it, if you make it, they will come.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whacha think?