Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wonderful world of orchids

This one is odd looking indeed, but stunning.
Perhaps you may be quite bored with my constant chatter about Longwood gardens, but it isn't without reason. Longwood Botanical gardens is without question one of the best this country has to offer. The orchid display alone is worth the admission fee. 
I thought I'd give you a peek of the orchids. No, I didn't get a picture of every single one they had. I just didn't have that much time! There are hundreds all over the conservatory when we went at the beginning of March.
The classic orchid.
These remind me of Vegas show girls. The rare ones with clothes on, I mean.
 

There were only about two dozen white ones alone!

The orchid room is about the size of my living room, dining room and kitchen put together!
One of the smaller ones but quite as lovely as the ostentatious ones, I believe.
I call these my dancing ladies.
These look other-worldly, if you know what I mean.
Gorgeous blue!
These were injected with dye to get them this color. Wild, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whacha think?