Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

D is for Daffodils, the deer proof bulb


Oh, happy day! That is a sure sign spring is coming. In the backyard I saw the daffodils are poking out among the dried leaves and grass clippings I put down as a winter mulch/blanket. The things you see once the rain does away with all that snow is enough to breathe life back into the winter-weary soul! Happy spring!

Just gotta move all those leaves aside to let the daffys breathe

Daffodils are a welcome sight poking out of the soil on a cold day. I went for a stroll in the yard and there it was. I felt like Mary Lennox in her Secret Garden pushing aside the autumn leaves and spent foliage to uncover these emerging beauties. Frankly, I always feel like Mary Lennox. I suppose that's rather odd, but no worries about that.

The daffodils don't look like much as of yet, but soon there will be a sea of them all yellow and white. A lovely sight indeed. Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. I love your site and as I browsed your blog I decided to award you the Inspiring Blog Award.
    Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
    ~Deirdra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Deirdra! I love your site...it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?