Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Friday, May 6, 2011

Current Crochet project

It occurred to me that I should show you my current crochet project. Why? Well, it does make for yet another post, if nothing else, but I always hope I can encourage those who have never tried crocheting to actually want to try it.

I don't suppose you have a clue what this eventually will be, so I should tell you. It's to be a shawl, but not just any regular shawl. This will be a mobius shawl. If you know your math or geometric symbols you'll understand. If you don't...well, you'll just have to wait until I finish it to see for yourself. It's just too difficult to explain.

So, I saw a picture of this mobius shawl and I was intrigued. I wanted to make one for myself, but as I couldn't find a pattern I liked, I searched all over until I did. I was flipping through one of my crochet magazines from several years back and found an advertisement for yarn or something and it featured an afghan done in this fillet ripple pattern. Well, I liked it and I copied it from the picture.


I didn't need a detailed pattern to do this. The picture was clear, so I counted stitches and did it freestyle. I learned that from my mom, too! I'm about half done with this. I'll show you the finished product when, you know, it's finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whacha think?