Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

The back 40

Okay, so I've talked repeatedly about this mythical back 40 which really isn't...isn't 40 acres, that is. It really does exist only... you know... it's not what most people would think of when they say back 40. When we first bought this property, Tom and his joker friend, Steve, decided this out of the way piece needed a better name than the back one. Not even entirely sure it's an entire acre but, that's hardly relevant.

The point is the back 40 or what I call the back 40 (yes, the name kinda grew on me, go figure!) is where the compost pile is, where I get soil when I need some and also is the place I keep plants that have yet to find a home in the formal gardens by the house. I have two defunct greenhouses back there too. That's a tale for another time, my greenhouse woes.

The back 40 is not a barren piece of land. As a matter of fact, it's rather gone to weeds. But still there is a purpose to it.

I'll tell you about that tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I was going to say it looks like you need a lawnmower to go over the back 40 but thinking about it, you need a bushhog to get er done. OK, I'll wait till tomorrow's post to find out the grand purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly does need to have a mower gone over some of it. It's not tottaly a waste land though. You'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we all need a 'back 40' whether it be an acre or even less - that's where I toss the limbs after trimming, weeds etc. Stuff thats not suitable for the compost!
    'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?