Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

How did that happen?

This is a case of “you got chocolate in my daylily hill and you got peanut butter in my iris bed”. 

Huh? Okay, let’s try that again.


As you can see, there is a Japanese Iris in the daylily hill. The interloper! How in the world did it get there?

I have a theory, but then I think you knew that. I think a little bird, a wayward wind or serendipity took hold of a seed or two and dropped them willy-nilly, and of course, they landed on my fertile daylily hill. Actually, it's on the very edge of the hill and more on the cracks in the driveway on the other side of the fence, but why split hairs? 

For all intents and purposes, the Iris is residing on the daylily hill. Purple and orange clashing horribly. Don't tell the garden police, whatever you do!
Not to be outdone, the daylily had a few tricks up its...uh...leaves? They don't exactly have sleeves, do they? Well, in retaliation a piece of daylily root must have stowed away along with a transplanted Iris. Their foliage being rather similar I never knew this daylily was here growing so well and sturdy until it bloomed and look at it now!

Orange and purple clashing horribly! But what's that I see? A spot of yellow, too? What the heck is that? Closeup, please!


Now, this is odd indeed! An Asiatic lily among the Iris and daylily. Heaven help us! Another stowaway! ~sigh~ My garden does keep me on my toes.

2 comments:

  1. You have a spooky garden. I think they plants are walking around at night and when the sun comes up they just sit right down where they happen to be. Maybe you need to call Ghost Busters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, you made me laugh! I would put nothing past my flowers. They do have a mind of their own! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?