Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Plants where you don't want them

They say even desirable plants if they are in the wrong place are weeds. Well, I got me some of those growing in the walkway. At least I did until I weeded them out. This is the before-I-weeded picture. What I pulled out of these tiny stones was tons of sedum, wild daisies, a bunch of Sweet Williams, a couple columbines, a foxglove or two and real weeds such as dandelion and the like.

Rather ugly, don't you think? Well this is the after picture which I thought much better. Note that I weeded the Hosta planting box, too. Now you can actually see them.

Of course, it's a very long walkway with more to do, so, by the time I finish to the end the beginning is in need of more weeding. Ain't that the way it is?

1 comment:

  1. I love your walkway AND the hostas. I got brave and transplanted a hosta outside the fenced in area - big mistake, lasted less than a week with all the deer around here. Payoff is seeing the fawns.
    'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?