Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

The wonder that is Tommy

Lookie here! A brand-spankin' new set of gloves. Know how I got them? No, I didn't run down to the garden center, Lowes or Agway. Me at a store? Not unless I'm dragged kicking and screaming.

No, Tommy got them for me, this pair and nine others just like it. It was the oddest thing although in truth, it happens so much with us that I should be used to it by now. Yet I'm not. I'm still stunned each time it happens. What am I talking about? The wonder that is my Tommy, of course.
Here he is seemingly resting but he's actually on a business call with a most annoying customer who, according to Tommy, "Needs his frickin hand held 24/7!" But I digress...

Back at the start of the growing season, I was out in the greenhouse looking over my collection of gloves and found that each and every one of them had holes in them, the right and the left ones! This was too much. I had resolved to ask Tommy to buy me some the next time he was at his favorite tool shop, Harbor Freight. Man-o-man, he loves that place and I like it because they actually have garden stuff too.

So, that was the plan. Leave it to Tommy to...well, not exactly ruin it, but he did kinda change things. That day he came home with the ten pack of gloves before I asked him for them! That day on his way back from a job in Allentown, he stopped by Harbor Freight and lo and behold he saw the gloves, thought of me and decided I needed them.

"Tommy, how did you know I was going to ask you to buy me some?" I asked.

He shrugs and says, "I heard you thinking."

All the way from Allentown??? Indeed, he did. He does this all the time, too. Kinda freaky, don't you think?

That's my Tommy.

Ah, well, me and Tommy, guess we were meant to be...if only so I don't have to go to the store!

4 comments:

  1. Does Tommy talk to your spooky plants too? That's OK, we would still visit if we were in the area, just not at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I laughed so hard when I read this because I remember specifically remember posting this back at Valentine's Day...

    " I know what you mean Glory, I don't think I have ever gotten jewelry for Valentine's Day and I am perfectly ok with that. I prefer the tiny gifts that Monte brings home on any old day without anymore reason than he saw it in the store and thought it was something I would like. Last month, he was at a store and saw a shirt on sale that he though was perfect for me. Him picking out a shirt that is my style, getting it in the right size and surprising me says a lot more to me than a diamond because it is Valentine's Day. It says that he pays attention to the small details and was thinking about me for no other reason than he loves me.

    For some reason, I have it my head that Tommy probably does this too! I could see him on one of his trips and seeing something that is perfect for you and can't help but get it, even if it is something small like a book or maybe new gardening gloves cause he heard you say that you got a hole in your old pair.

    In the end, I'll take my husband who knows me well, pays attention to the small things and thinks of me just because he loves me over any diamond.... cause Tiffany's can't buy my love."

    And yes I just spent 20 minutes going back through your entire facebook page to February 14th to get that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, April, I remember your comment well!Monte and Tommy...two peas in a pod...which is very appropriate for the garden theme.

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?