Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Hidden Rhododendron

I was walking behind the backyard when I found these hidden rhododendrons. I know that sounds weird, but imagine if you will, only part of my backyard is fenced in, so some of it isn't. Behind the fenced in backyard is the driveway which leads to Tom's pole-barn. Got it? No, I don't suppose you do, but we'll continue anyway.


See those rhododendrons back there along the fence? Behind that fence is where I'm talking about. I was walking behind that fence on the back driveway. What was I doing there? Heck if I recall. But that's not the point.


The point is I was minding my own business--yes, I know I say that all too often. I'll try to stop-- and there was this nice and very contrasting rhododendron hidden away behind the fence. If I hadn't been back there doing whatever mysterious thing I was up to... still don't remember what it could have been... I never would have seen it. I had completely forgotten it was back there.

See those Colorado Blue Spruce trees? All you can see are the bottom branches, but there are five of them plus one oddball Canadian Hemlock. We planted them there for some privacy. That was before the fence went up. It would give me a cricked neck if I were to get a photo of the top of them. They are about 30 feet tall now, but they were a tad smaller when we put them in, only 8-10 feet high. That was about 15 years ago. Well, they've grown in that time as all plants do...all good ones anyway! Now the trees are so big that we can't really see the rhodos which are behind them along that fence.

Ah, well, at least I got to see it that one day when I was wandering about aimlessly...if I did have an aim that day, I totally have forgotten it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whacha think?