Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Friday, July 1, 2011

Waiting for the bloom


As you can clearly see, this Black-eyed Susan should not be growing between the pavers and yet there it is, blatant as anything. So, why haven't I yanked it out? Blimey, it's got buds on it. You expect me to remove it before it gets to bloom? Not likely!


Here it is a few days later...in bloom. Pretty as can be.

So, why not take it out now? Well, gees-Louise, it's too pretty to get rid of it now.


I'll get rid of it when I'm good and ready. I'll let you know when that is.
 No, not yet. ;-)

6 comments:

  1. Enough is enough with the spooky flowers that walk around at night and put roots down wherever they please. I sure hope you keep your windows closed at night. In my yard they would have been yanked out as weeds as soon as they started popping up out of the pavers, because they would have looked like weeds to start with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You see the thing is, I'm an odd duck and I figured you ought to know this going in. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on this one, Glory, if beautiful flowers wish to bloom anywhere, they are welcome to stay where they are. We are always happy to have more blooms, no matter where they are, and there's lots of time to remove them later.
    Besides, black-eyed Susans are one of my favourites ! ":)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One person's weed is another person's flower. My daughter always loved bachelor buttons because they were the first flowers she "grew".

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are a rather friendly flower I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is not to love about those corn flower blue Bachelor Buttons? I love them! Yes, even the wild ones.

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?