Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Why my compost pile expands to new bounds

I told you about the trimming of the Rhodos. I got my path back! That's a good thing.

I had a bunch of dead branches I trimmed from one of the  Rhododendrons. Don't exactly know why it died. It seemed to have snapped but I don't see why unless someone or something dropped down on it and snapped it. It could have been one of the huge crows I get in my yard. Rhodo branches are strong, but when the crow takes off they push down very hard and can easily crack an already weak branch.

But no matter. That's just a theory. I have more stuff for the compost pile which is dangerously over packed this time of year. With so much weeding and pruning, it's bound to happen!

I filled up my garden cart with all these branches. I did manage to do something else with some of the tender shoots. I'll tell you about that some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whacha think?