Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hummingbird in flight




As those of you who follow me on Facebook know...What! You don't follow me on Facebook??? But...but...but I'm so cute! Well, Tommy thinks so anyway. I suppose you don't follow me on Twitter either. Ah, well. Life goes on.


Anyway!

You may have seen my lament of a few weeks back when I said it was near impossible to get a photo of a hummingbird. I mean to say...they're all over the place around here, zooming to and fro, chasing each other about and making that awesome whirling noise that tells me they're around even before I see them. I even see evidence that they have a nest somewhere around the Jane magnolia tree in the front shrub border, but catch one in photos...sigh...that may never happen.

They seem to zoom around me most whenever I DON'T have the camera handy and by the time I get it, they're onto something else, namely getting as far away from my focusing camera as possible. So, how did I get the picture for this post? From one of my funniest and most fun facebook friends.

was able to caption this image and his lovely lady Magena Proud Fawn allowed me to use it. Wasn't that awfully nice of them? Well, I thought so. If you'd like to see more of his fine photos do run along to his blog Beauty on the Mountain.

In the meantime I will still try to capture the image of a little hummer or two. Just don't hold your breath!

2 comments:

  1. Wear something red outside or better yet something with red flowers on it. I guarantee they will be all over you. If I wear my red t-shirt they come within a foot of me, looking me over and thinking I'm the biggest flower they have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly, easily fooled birds! Don't they know you have no nectar for them? oh pooh! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?