Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Justin's quilt is fixed

You may recall the time I showed you the horrible state of Justin's quilt. It had quite a bit of damage and I needed to repair it. He blamed it on the cat, you know. Didn't know a cat could be so selective about clawing bits of fraying fabric, but that's a story for another time...a fairy tale time, I'm thinking.
Anyway, I did manage to finally finished with the repair and I must say it looks pretty darn good.



Here you'll see most of the new repair blocks. They can be distinguished from the original ones by the navy blue corner fabric. It has tiny stars dotting it, too. It was as close to the original black fabric I could find in my ready stash of fabric. I used it because I simply didn't want to buy for fabric. If you could see how much fabric I already have in my stash, you would agree with me that this was a good idea. I know many quilt purists would cringe, but as I am not one of them and neither is Justin, we don't care.

They would be equally appalled to know I just whip stitched them into place directly over the damaged blocks. Oh, the horror!
But seeing Justin smile to have his beloved quilt back on his bed...well, that's reward enough.

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog and i hope keep smiling always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous quilt and smile! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?