Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Monday, August 29, 2011

Look what I got in the mail!

It's a common thing for Brandon to get the mail each day and for me to ask, "Did I get anything?"

Brandon's usual reply is, "Sorry, Mom, nobody loves you today."
What is this?

So, imagine my surprise when he says, "Mom, somebody loves you today. Look! you got a package!"
To say I was shocked would be an understatement. And when I saw who it was from...well, I was thrilled.

Do you recall a while back when I showed you the Bambi pictures sent to me by my Helium Buddy, one Just Camping enthusiast Jim Bessey, The Tile Guy?

Well, if you do, you may recall my lament of his procrastinating ways specifically in regard to some seeds he promised me more than a year ago. Now before you remind me I'm a procrastinator, too, I'll have you know, I'm not nearly as bad as Jim!



Now, Jim's gone and actually sent me the seeds! Here they are...I think. I'm not too sure. There's more stems and leaves and stuff than what actually looks like seeds.

"You betcha they're in there!" Jim insisted when I expressed some doubt. "I saved them just like you told me!"

Hmm, I wasn't too certain of that. It did, however, make me realize I need to give some proper lessons on seed collecting, cuz I obviously didn't do a great job teaching Jim.




2 comments:

  1. Receiving mail is always great, but Jim sent you seeds! How cool is that. Thanks for the link to the Bambi photos. BTW, Glory, the Tile Guy link doesn't work. Still enjoying your blog and judging from your pictures over time, would love your backyard. Do you have a hammock I could lay in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you'll have to provide your own hammock. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?