Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Pumpkins growing!

Being my veggie garden never got to be this year, what with one thing or another, I really didn't expect to find this. A pumpkin growing!


You may be wondering what's with the cardboard and newspaper. Well, the reason I didn't see them was that the vine was growing in among the weeds...massive weeds which could only be trampled on by cardboard.

This one's actually ripening already. YAY!
Of course, when I was moving the weeds aside and shoving the barrier under the vine, one little guy was sacrificed. The poor dear!

 Then I went down to what was the makeshift compost pile, where I tossed down a few seeds with wanton care at best, and there I saw this jungle of vines. They were growing over the walkway and into the daylily hill. Well, I had to stop that. So, I gently moves a few of them and searched around for evidence of fruiting.



Yay, again! I saw a few pretty globes.

Some were harder to see than others, but they are there. What a relief. I will have something for the dinner table.

4 comments:

  1. Always a delight to find garden surprises, particularly to see what decides to spring out of a compost pile. Love this topic/article, Glory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to be a part of a contest for one of the most
    useful sites online. I most certainly will recommend this website!


    Feel free to surf to my web site - cost of dental implant

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, this weekend is good designed for me, as this occasion i am reading
    this impressive informative article here at my home.

    Feel free to surf to my homepage www.vedharma.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long as I provide
    credit and sources back to your webpage? My website is
    in the very same niche as yours and my visitors would truly benefit
    from some of the information you present here. Please let me know if this ok with you.
    Appreciate it!

    my web site :: http://dentalhealthbo1.bravesites.com/

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?