Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Rainy day...rainy week

So, it rained the other day...and rained and rained and rained. For almost two weeks now.

The backyard which is prone to flooding a bit, was puddling.



My rain-barrows were over flowing.

The entire yard was wet as can be and still the rain came down in buckets.

It was truly a dreary sort of day...week.

But at least the plants got plenty of water which they needed so it was good.

When I think of complaining about rain, I remember that during the winter an inch of rain can easily be a foot of snow. Stick that in your galoshes and smoke it! Give me rain any day.
...and the rain-rain-rain came down-down-down... in rushing rising rivelets..til the river crept out of its bed and ...flooded Glory's garden!  

  Well, maybe not totally flooded, but it's nicely watered, indeed! I just wonder how long for it to dry out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whacha think?