Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Brandon's birthday!

25 years ago today my Brandon was born. Boy, did he stir things up in the hospital! He was an instant celebrity from the moment the doctor pulled him into this world and he said, "This kid's a ten pounder easy!" The doctor was quite wrong. Brandon weighed in at...hold on to your hats, folks-- 11 lbs 9 oz.
That masked man is my dad?
Yes, that's right. He was huge! He didn't even fit in the newborn stuff people had given to me for him. He went right to the 6 month stuff and even that was a tad snug. I blame the grilled cheese sandwiches. I was craving them something awful while I was pregnant.
WHo knew this chubby would end up being the skinniest in the family?

He was a rather tough baby to figure out. He would scream his head off for about three hours straight at night until we wanted to tear our hair out and just when we were about to run off screaming into the night, he would just stop. It used to freak me out. I thought he had died. No, just dead asleep and he wouldn't wake up for eight hours. It was the weirdest thing I'd ever seen. I was the one waking up every two hours to make sure he was still alive. I said, "Two week old babies aren't supposed to sleep through the night." Well, that just shows how much I knew about babies. Alexis was totally different. Ah, well. Justin and Tyler taught me things, too.
Funny, he looked little when Tommy held him.

Although he was a bit of a terror as a toddler, he grew to be a very good boy. He always got along with his sister and brothers and tried his best to please his parents. Can't ask for much more than that.


He was a cutie, but the strange thing was, he didn't talk until he was nearly 5 years old.
Brandon loved the Tigger Halloween costume I made for him
Tommy and my own brother were the same way...they just wouldn't talk. Guess they didn't have much to say. They don't shut up now though. Go figure!
At the Boulder field near our home in PA

Brandon grew up to be quite the athlete. Baseball, basketball, soccer and hockey were all sports he played in leagues and/or with school, hockey being his favorite now.
Brandon, the tallest of this bunch, loved sports

Brandon will drop everything for sports. Just LOVES sports. His favorite is going to see the Flyers play. He loves playing hockey himself with his buds.
Like pulling teeth to get him to smile in photos anymore

He's a good sport wherever we go on vacation, although I have heard him say, "I will not torture my kids this way."
Brandon is the one holding the ball

Brandon always got along with people at school, even the guys I though were just nasty pieces of work. Maybe he could be a diplomat? ;-)
For someone born so chubby, he's the skinniest in the family

Brandon was the only one who could keep up with Tommy is such tough going places as the Grand Canyon, Yosemite  and Yellowstone park.
"The hockey hall of fame in Toronto is the best place in the world," says Brandon
Taking a break from work to make a sandwich while checking the scores

Justin and brother Brandon

Brother Brandon, as Justin calls him, is the one brother Justin will willingly admit to having. Guess Brandon understands him and rarely irritates him. He's also the one who says he'll take care of Justin when Mom and Dad are no longer around to do so. A huge worry for us and Brandon is fine with lifting that burden from our shoulders. What a guy! No wonder Justin adores him!
Would-be drinking buddies
Brandon always orders a specialty beer for himself and a pina colada sans rum for Justin.

Brandon owns his own business repairing and refurbishing vacuum pumps. Vacuum Pump Rebuilders keeps him busy. So busy that he barely has time for his girlfriend and hockey...his two favorite things...not sure which is on top of his list. Actually, I can make a very good guess, but I won't cuz it might get him in trouble!

So, Happy birthday my boy! Brandon knows we love him, but it's good to get it down in writing just to make it concrete.

2 comments:

  1. This almost made me cry this is sooooo cute I love hearing things about his childhood and as for which comes first me or hockey I know it probably is hockey hehe its ok cause I know im second thanks for mentioning me in this by the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, you found me! How nice. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?