Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Frazier, the scared-dee-puppy

I am not what you might call an animal person. I prefer to admire them from afar and I do admire them greatly. What's not to love? They keep us entertained, keep us from being lonely, keep us warm and cozy, unconditionally loved and at times well fed. But still, I like to keep my distance. It's almost like a fear, I suppose... the fear that I really don't know what to do about them.

Well, regardless what I feel for them, they tend to like me and I just can't figure out why.


Case in point being Julie Helm's beautiful dog. Sheep, chickens and goats are not the only things at Wooly Acres, you know. There are a couple of cats and of course, and the very large and beautiful collie by the name of Frazier. Here he is staring me down.
You're in my spot, lady
 Julie Helms has quite a collection of animals, but it was Frazier who attached himself to me for no apparent reason. It's not like I encouraged him. He seemed to think that I should like him and that was the end of that!

So, there Julie and I were chatting when all of a sudden we hear thunder way in the distance and poor Frazier starts pacing around ever-so-slightly whimpering. I ask Julie why he's doing that and she replies, he's afraid of the thunder...the barely audible thunder.

Before I could say much more, Frazier  jumped up onto the sofa where I sat and crawled onto my lap. How a big puppy like that thought he could fit on top of me is anyone's guess! He decided in his infinite doggie wisdom, that I was going to keep him safe from the thunder. How he knew this, I'll never know, but it must have worked. No harm befell him, you see. That's me, dispellor of dangerous and very frightening thunder. I didn't even know I had it in me. Of course, I never knew I had it in me to be a kitty midwife, either. I'll have to tell you about that some other time.

I did feel badly for the poor, scared puppy. Frazier was shaking, quite literally shaking from head to toe, the poor baby. And here I thought he was at Wooly Acres to protect the other animals from predators and perhaps he does. It's just the thunder he can't handle!

I did like Frazier, the fluffy beast and the scared-dee-ist puppy I even met.

4 comments:

  1. Glory, you're just plain lovable, no doubt about it. Frazier is pretty smart from the looks of it, he recognized that immediately, the storm just helped him make up his mind even quicker... ":)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never understood people who did not feel comfortable around animals or who weren't animal lovers. Then again, I can't grow anything, so I guess that makes us even ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a very touchy-feely person in general, even with humans so it just may be that or the fact I don't quite know what to think of animals. Do they want to eat me or just use me as a pillow? I'll never know. I may talk to plants and almost know what they would say to me if they could, but not so much animals. Yes, perhaps we are even! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?