Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My favorite poem

This time of year, when the garden begins its assent into autumn, is rather sad for me and my mind will drift to my favorite poem by Robert Frost which expresses my melancholy feelings perfectly.

 Nothing Gold Can Stay by Robert Frost

Earth's first green is gold, 

her hardest hue to hold,

her early leaf's a-flower,
but only so an hour,

then leaf subsides to leaf,

so Eden sank to grief,

So dawn goes down to day,

Nothing gold can stay.

1 comment:

  1. Glory, A beautiful poem filled with truths. We are blessed in knowing that.:)

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?