Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Friday, October 14, 2011

Garden shoes revisited

A while back I showed you my new garden shoes, but as they are no longer new, I thought we could revisit them.

They used to be spiffy clean, but you had to know they wouldn't stay that way.



No, I didn't even bother. Why would I? I'm just going to get them dirty again.

You truck on through the mud and soil and dig up in the dirt and play with compost and gosh-darn-it, you're gonna get the blasted things on your feet dirty. It's just the way it is. Get over it!

Of, course, my wet and swampy land can surprise me too. Just walking from here to there in the wet and too-tall grass, got most of the dirt off the shoes. Go figure!

No, I'm not holding my breath that they will stay clean and neither should you. I have more work to do until the cold weather comes for good and drives this tropical girl inside for the winter. Clean garden shoes are highly overrated, I must say!

5 comments:

  1. At least I don't see any doggie poo or chicken droppings on them. So, they are a little cleaner than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's why we have invented mud rooms :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad what other may call my mud room is currently taken up by 4 litter boxes. No room for my muddy shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a great pair of garden shoes, new or not. VERY grippy, helpful for picking up mud and moving it around. ":)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, yes and usually with a mystery seed attached too. Surprises in the garden! You know about that, don't you?

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?