Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Roses in autumn

It's so nice to see the roses still putting forth a blossom or two. A rose in autumn seems to show up just to show us it ain't over--meaning the growing season-- until the last flower blooms and the last leaf is brown and crumbled.



They seem to like the cooler weather for that last flush of blossoms. Summer heat can be oppressive and may slow down the growth of some plants, roses being one of them.

The last few flowers on the roses make me happy. I'm right there to admire them and wish the plant a go long winter sleep from which it will emerge in spring strong and healthy and ready to give me more blossoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whacha think?