Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Snowballs in autumn

These snowballs aren't the kind you might be thinking of, but they certainly are the only kind I'm willing to even think of. Gees-Louise, real winter snow will be here all too soon!

This is my Annabell Hydrangea whose blossom were startling white not too long ago, but have since turned this lovely lime-green color. I usually pick a few when they are very white to bring indoors and allow to dry. They turn a slightly buff color when dry which is very nice too.

This year, I didn't remember to do this when they were at their whitest, but  I did pick a few at this lime-green stage. I don't know what they will look like once dry. I'll have to wait and see.

5 comments:

  1. My mom LOVED snowballs. Thanks for the happy memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I had an idea what kind of snowballs before I read the post. I do remember these from my childhood as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely - I adore Hydrangeas - such a nice old-fashioned flower!Jan Morrison

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful - I've never seen them before - lovely to meet you
    LAura x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can handle these kinds of snowballs! how neat!

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?