Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Who stole my compost?

Actually, it's not so much who stole my compost, but more like who hid my compost pile. If anyone stole it it would be Mac Pike, my helium buddy, gardener extraordiniare and all-around funny guy.


Why would I blame him when I have no proof of his ever being anywhere near my Greentown garden? His own garden all the way in the woods of northern New Jersey just looks too darn good and he was lamenting never having enough compost. Hey, even I can put two and two together and come up with...uh...a wacky, far-fetched  conclusion.

I'm pretty sure it was not Mac. The compost pile as it turns out, was just hiding under all those leaves....at least I think it's still there.

Where did the leave come from, you may be wondering?

Why, from the mighty maples over head. The trees very obligingly drop a nice blanket down onto the compost pile every autumn and then I have to go searching for usable compost deep within the pile.

Yep, there it is! See that hole amongst the branches and leaves? That's where I stick the shovel in and get me some usable compost. Guess I can't blame Mac anymore...Of course, I won't blame him any less either!

1 comment:

  1. When I saw the headline I was going to comment that Mac did it, but you beat me to it.

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?