Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My rainbow thread

Welcome to Crafting Tuesday, a regular feature at Glory’s Garden. If you come to Glory's Garden expecting garden stuff, you'll know Tuesdays are the days to stay away. They will only disappoint, after all. Crafting is a big part of my life, though, and Glory's Garden just wouldn't be complete without some mention of it. Alas, as much as I would like to be in the garden all the time, all year long, my short growing season and perpetual cloud bursts--yes, it tends to rain too much around here at times-- I must do something inside and that is where sewing, crocheting and knitting come to save my sanity.
Tommy is something else, but you already know that. Case in point, he came home with this decorative wooden box full of thread, but not just any thread...a rainbow thread collection to rival them all!


How many were in there? Heck if I know. I can't count that high...okay I can, I just never got around to do it. I thought I had a good assortment of sewing thread in plenty of lovely, usable colors, enough for any occasion. Boy, was I mistaken.


Needless to say I was impressed and thrilled.  The dear man outdid himself. He didn't just buy one of these rainbow thread collections. He bought another one for my mother. There was one problem though. My mother rarely sews anymore, her hands plagued by arthritis being the culprit. So, now I have two.

There was something else, which I must beg you to not tell Tommy. Shhhh! The thread was not the type you could use on a sewing machine. (I tried with disastrous results.) As a matter of fact, it wasn't even suitable for hand sewing. (The thread kept snapping off as I sewed) Alas, Tommy, like most guys who know nothing about thread, yarn, fabric and/or anything craft related, thought he had done a good thing. I certainly told him he did. I told him I loved it and I do.

What type of thread is it and what is it good for if not the obvious? Embroidery... the one craft I never quite got around to learn or ever do. Take a wild guess what I'll be trying as soon as I can?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Whacha think?