Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Monday, December 26, 2011

Garden at the Villa

While most people would be too busy being lazy sunning themselves beside the pool, I was taking a tour of the garden villas...or more accurately put, the garden at our particular villa.


You had to know I would. Yes, even while on holiday my thoughts are consumed with plants and their oddities. Take this Datura for example (Some folks call them Angel Trumpets). I had never seen them go to seed. I so wanted to snatch me some, but alas, they were not ripe enough.


This one had one white flower almost ready to bloom. I had grown these once upon a time, but I don't know if I have any more seeds. I'll have to look and see, search through that seed box of mine. I really ought to grow some of these again. I rather like them.

These Cannas made me nervous. Know why? I forgot to dig up the ones in my front flower bed and by the time I got back home it was too late. I'm tell you, I can't handle plants which do not make it through the winter without being pampered and yes, if I have to dig them up, allow the tubers to cure and then package them into sealed plastic containers (to keep rodents from feasting on them) with ample amounts of peat moss (to keep them from rotting) then they are just not worth it to me. Ah, well, live and learn.
The Villas, many of them, had mango trees and some, the one at my villa, actually had mango growing.

 I think mango trees are super beauties. They are large and tall with wide canopies, lustrous, dark green leaves and the fruit is the best ever. Great for shade with all those densely packed leaf clusters, something you really need in the tropics.

That was only part of the garden at the villa. I'll show you more on Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. My kingdom for a mango tree! Great post! Some of the stuff growing in those warmer geographical locations is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?