Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I must confess

I must confess something. I've been pilfering again. This time chartreuse and burgundy colored Coleus in Orlando, Florida. I love Coleus.



I hope I haven't shocked you, but you have to know when I saw this pretty planting of contrasting coleus, I couldn't help snipping off a couple of pieces and setting them to root. Coleus roots in water so easy! Even you brown thumbers couldn't possibly NOT get them to root. I can even get the leaves to root.

 I took them from the front of a nice hotel while Tom and I went for a walk. It was actually his fault! Yeah, I'm going to go with that. You see, Tommy got a business phone call on his cell while on our walk and he stopped right under a nice shady tree so he wouldn't get too much sun and burn. Well, just guess where this tree was.

Right next to this lovely patch of coleus, of course. So, I'm standing around watching that colorful foliage. It was teasing me, taunting me. I tried to resist, really I did, but Tom and this client, who must have been an idiot-- Tom had to explain about ten times how to use the Helium Mas-spectrometer they rented from him and still they couldn't get it-- so he talked on and on with this guy for nearly twenty minutes. That's just too long to for this unreformed pilferer to keep her hands to herself.


I plucked them and stuffed them into my pocket. So, here are the stolen plants all rooted and ready to place in a pot of nice potting soil.

Here now is my new little houseplant. Do I feel guilty about stealing bits of plants and taking them home for my own use? Heck no. The more coleus is snipped the bushier the plant becomes. By this time, the pieces I snipped may have already grown back. I just wish I had taken more!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whacha think?