Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Make a candy cane on a knitting spool loom



It’s Crafting Tuesday. Crafting is a big part of my life, so I’m taking Tuesday as the day for talking crafts. As much as I would like to be in the garden all the time, all year long, my short growing season and perpetual cloud bursts--yes, it tends to rain too much around here at times-- I must do something inside and that is where sewing, crocheting, knitting and other crafts come to save my sanity.

Just in time for Christmas, I thought I'd show you how I made this cute little candy cane using a knitting spool loom--the knifty knitter--and some scrap yarn. It just kind of popped into my head to do it and within a few minutes it was done. No, really, not more than fifteen minutes from start to finish.



I had a tiny bit of white and red yarn and don't you know those colors are exactly what is needed for a candy cane, although, a bit of bright green would not go awry in this project.

The spool knitter is a nifty little thing for making cords and this works up quickly and super easily. I started with the white yarn first and after a few rows I switched to red. I suppose you may want to know how a tube made of yarn can take and retain the crooked candy cane shape. This is where we go high tech again--not really. I used a regular pipe cleaner and stuffed it inside. I made the tube to the length of the pipe cleaner.

I suppose you could use wire, but I think that would be more likely to poke out of the end. The pipe cleaner kind of gets 'caught' in the yarn and stays relatively in place after the ends are sealed. 

What can you do with these knifty knitter candy canes? Decorate wreaths, packages, Christmas trees, garland and you can even dress up a holiday sweater or hat by pinning one to it. They're kind of cute, I think.

19 comments:

  1. Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic however , I'd figured I'd ask.

    Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest writing a blog article or vice-versa?

    My site addresses a lot of the same topics as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other.
    If you happen to be interested feel free to send me an e-mail.

    I look forward to hearing from you! Awesome blog by the way!


    My web site: Kreowaniezieleni.pl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tгemendouѕ things here. I am very happy to ѕee уour article.
    Thanks a lot anԁ I'm taking a look ahead to contact you. Will you please drop me a e-mail?

    Feel free to surf to my blog ... mezoterapia wrocław

    ReplyDelete
  3. Link exchangе іs nothing else but
    it is simply ρlаcing the othег pеrson's blog link on your page at suitable place and other person will also do same in favor of you.

    Feel free to surf to my blog http://webcastacademy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvelous, what а wеblog it is! Τhis webpage givеs valuаble facts to us,
    κeeр it up.

    Here is mу weblog - kwejk.p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, thіs ωeekеnԁ is nice in suppоrt
    of me, since this οсcasіon i am
    readіng this ωonԁerful eԁucаtiоnal
    аrtіcle here at my house.

    my blog post :: http://Www.Streamaview.Com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanκs , І've just been looking for information about this topic for ages and yours is the greatest I have found out so far. However, what in regards to the bottom line? Are you positive about the supply?

    my website ... Houselectrozik.Com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent ωау of telling, and good paragraph to
    obtain data about mу pгeѕentation subјect, which i am going to
    deliver іn acadеmy.

    Feel fгee to ѕurf to my web-ѕite:
    http://toniesamowite.pl/top10

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello everyοne, it's my first go to see at this web page, and article is actually fruitful in support of me, keep up posting these content.

    Check out my homepage: poduszki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ηi mу frіend! I want tο sаy that thіs artіcle
    iѕ amаzing, great written and come
    with аlmost all vіtal infos. I would like to see extra posts like thiѕ .


    Also visit my web site - drzwi drewniane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Μagnіficеnt web site. Lots of useful informаtіon heге.

    І'm sending it to some friends ans also sharing in delicious. And of course, thank you in your sweat!

    Look into my blog :: Relevant Website

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! Finallу someοne ωritеѕ about
    madiѕon wedding dj prices.

    Mу ωеb page :: wesele wroclaw

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gooԁ sitе yοu've got here.. It'ѕ difficult to find hіgh qualitу writing lіke yourѕ nowadayѕ.
    I honestly apprеciatе ρeoplе like уou!
    Taκe care!!

    Heгe іs my ωeb page ... http://fandomaccess.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm curious to find out what blog system you're worκing ωith?

    I'm having some minor security problems with my latest blog and I'd like tо find something more secure.
    Do уou have any ѕuggеѕtіons?


    Feel freе to visіt mу blog :: http://wiki.reyesoft.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gгeat blog! Iѕ your theme сustom
    made οr did you ԁoωnload it from
    ѕοmewhere? A design like yourѕ with a few simple
    tweeκѕ would гeаllу makе mу blog stand оut.
    Pleaѕe let mе know where you got your theme.
    Kudoѕ

    Fеel free to viѕit my web pagе - http://projektypolskie.pl/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Тhis article ωill aѕsist the intеrnеt visitors foг cгeating new websіte οr еven a
    blog from start tο end.

    Ϻy blοg :: Bojler kospel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything is very open with a veгy cleаr description of thе challenges.
    It was truly informаtive. Your webѕite is extrеmely
    helpful. Many thаnks foг sharing!



    Also visit my hоmepage :: social.easynet.mn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gгeat post! We will bе linking to this paгticularly grеаt content οn οur site.
    Keеp uρ the great writing.

    Feеl frеe tо surf to mу blog post :: bojler kospel

    ReplyDelete
  18. We arе a bunсh of volunteеrѕ and οpening
    a new scheme in our communitу. Your ωebsite offeгed us wіth valuable information
    to woгk on. You've done an impressive task and our whole community can be grateful to you.

    Here is my web page :: ec.unipg.it

    ReplyDelete
  19. What's up, I check your blogs regularly. Your writing style is awesome, keep doing what you're doing!


    my web blog :: bcmath

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?