Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Me and my Knitting looms


It’s Crafting Tuesday. Crafting is a big part of my life, so I’m taking Tuesday as the day for talking crafts. As much as I would like to be in the garden all the time, all year long, my short growing season and perpetual inclement weather-- I must do something inside and that is where sewing, crocheting, knitting and other crafts come to save my sanity.


If you follow my Thursday posts on Self Reliance Works, you'll know I love my knitting looms. Why? Well, I find them super easy to work with. I can start and finish a project in just a few hours and sometimes, in just a few minutes, such as my spool knifty knitter candy cane ornament which took all of ten minutes! Which begs the question, why didn't I make more of them for my Charlie Brown Christmas tree? Ah, well, there is always next year.
4-loom set



Anyway, I thought I'd show my looms to you. They come in all shapes and sizes, some long and narrow and some with swirling designs which turn on themselves for making large pieces on a somewhat compact loom. Mine, however, are all round with varying numbers of pegs, from 24 on the smallest to 41 on the largest. The tiny spool knifty knitter came separately from this 4-pack and has two ends for different sized tubes, one end has 5 pegs and the other 8. You can make tube shaped items with all these looms, of course, but you're able to make flat panels, too.

Spool knifty knitter

There are several stitches you can use to make many different items, both wearables and giftables. I can show you how to do each stitch in future posts. For now I'll just show off some things I've made with these fun crafting tools.

Tube Scarf

Trivet
Neck warmer/ hat set

Bottle gift sleeve

Hat and neck warmer

Flat panel with garter stitch edge
What will I make next? Wouldn't you like to know!

2 comments:

  1. I've just started knitting again but have never used a loom (well, except for the thread spool with small nails as a kid, but I don't think that counts). Nice work, Glory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! And of course, the spool knitting loom counts too. It got you started, didn't it? The fun I had as a kid with that thing!

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?