Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How to fix a not-quite-perfect knitting project


It’s Craft Tuesday, the day for talking crafts. When I can't be out in the garden sewing, crocheting, knitting and other crafts come to save my sanity....what little I have left, that is.

If you've ever been in my craft room...not my actual, real life one, I mean the one on here, at Glory's Garden. Yes, there's a whole page devoted to my craft room and all sorts of things I do there and even instructions on how to make them. You really ought to check it out. But I digress...



 There you will see a link to the article I wrote at Self Reliance Works on how to make a

Well, this is it...this is the shawl I made with my knitting loom....only with a difference. If you read the article, you'll see a note about how I didn't make it as long as I should have. It's entirely up to you how long you wish to make your own shawl and I suggested ~60 inches, but I realized too late--like after I cast off the piece-- that I should have done a few more rows of knitting to get it just the right length for me.

Well, I finished it anyway adding the crocheted edging to keep the edges from curling and I showed off my shawl as if done, even though I was not very happy with it. I was so discontented with the finished project that I simply didn't like it. Unless I was going to give it away, I needed to do something to make me happy with it. I had two choices. I could have unraveled the entire thing and start over again (Or at least to the point where I could put it back on the loom and knitted it some more until the correct length)  or I could add some length with more crochet.

So, that is what I did. I fixed my not-quite-prefect knitting project. How? I added to the crocheted edging. I did a few more rows of a lacey sort of  "v" stitch and now I am quite delighted with it. Heck, I like it so much I leave it draped over my favorite sitting-with- Tom-to-watch-TV-spot...AKA, my craft corner in the living room. No, I rarely wear it because I'm usually warm enough there. I just like looking at it. I am eager to wear it out somewhere, though.

You know what? I think I will wear it to Donnell's wedding. There's a plan!

2 comments:

  1. In the crafts game, that's called rescuing an incomplete article whether by necessity, plan or default. The creative addition of selective edging works in many crafts and should always be kept in mind whether it is artwork, woodworking, tile, or knitting projects! ":)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a site to view volume and Stock leading indicators chart analysis. This site provides leading technical indicator analysis and provides a great stock screener.

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?