Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What it's supposed to look like

Do you recall when I told you how important it is to read crochet instructions carefully? And do you recall why? Sure you do. Cuz if you don't your project comes out looking like this instead of what it's supposed to look like.



Ta-da! Here is what it was supposed to look like. Pretty, isn't it? But I wonder, do you know what it is?

Take a guess while I tell you what I did. See the practice one I made--that mess in the first picture--was done in a thicker yarn, my regular favorite for most projects acrylic worsted weight. This one in blue I did in a nylon crochet thread--much thinner than yarn. It also has a bit of  sheen to it. It's the same thread I used to make my little purse. Hmm, I don't think I showed you that yet, did I? Well, time enough for that.

Well, here it is with its drawstrings, so surely you can see what it is now, right? Just a tiny drawstring bag. It's perfect for a little girl on Easter morning, especially if you make a matching Easter bonnet. The pattern I used to make this also had instructions for the Easter bonnet. While I don't have a granddaughter to give this to, I do think I will use it to present a small gift in future. It'll be a double gift then, won't it? What's inside and what it's in.

So, if you take anything away from this, know this: Read instructions and follow them carefully. Otherwise you'll end up with something very different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whacha think?