Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

New discovery

Know what I just newly discovered? Well, not exactly new. It's been more than a few months since I saw this, but I only just took the photo and actually remembered I wanted to tell you about it.


This is a tiny piece of a garden geranium* I ...uh...borrowed from the planters outside of Justin's work training program down in town. They were just going to die out there...really they were! The frost was coming and well...that was also when I pilfered a considerable amount of other plants, some of which I managed to keep alive all this time... since October, I think.

I didn't have much experience with this plant, having never grown it. I know that is very strange as it is one of the  most popular and common annuals and are often grown indoors as houseplants. They are pretty and showy when in bloom and I had heard they root well, but I never imagined they would take so easily. I just poked a hole in a pot on the window sill...I was trying to root other things in it, don't quite recall now what they were. All I know is I was almost positive they would root and I wasn't at all thinking the geranium would. Well, they all died and the geranium? Well, just look at it! It's pretty as can be and I paid it scant attention.
The garden geranium isn't really a geranium

New discovers are fun and in winter time most welcome.

* Here is where I should tell you that this really isn't a geranium.But I'll tell you about that next time.

1 comment:

  1. Glory, not a geranium? These 'geraniums-not-geraniums' will grow for several years if kept in a pot and moved inside and then back out into the garden. The ONE thing you have to be careful is not to keep the soil wet when potted. They love the soil in the pot to be on the dry side. Looks like the same plant to me? Wendy moves all of her geraniums out in to the garden for the summer so the nomenclature is anyone's guess...":)

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?