Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Make an Old Potholder New Again


It’s Craft Tuesday, the day we take for talking crafts. Sewing, crocheting, knitting and other crafts come to save my sanity while the garden sleeps.






Look what Tyler did to my potholder. He burned it! Thankfully, it wasn't a very pretty potholder or I'd have had to hang him or something. Instead I'll just have to make it new again.

No, not pretty at all so I won't be sad to give it a facelift...so to speak.



What I did was rip off the burned stuff which left the original potholder. Actually, that wasn't the original either. I think I've re-done this potholder a few times already.

Such is the beauty of this simple task. You get bored with your potholder--or in my case with the burned one your careless son left for you--and with a little bit of leftover fabric and can have a whole new look for the kitchen.

Make sure you have enough fabric for the back and front of the potholder with about an extra half inch or so all the way around.

With right sides of the fabric squares facing, sew three sides then turn it right side out. Stuff the old potholder in the new sleeve and sew shut the end with a top stitch.

The last trick is to top stitch in a zig-zag pattern over top starting at one corner and ending at the opposite one. This quilting will hold the potholders new cover in place. Cute huh?

It's easy to make your old potholders look new again. You might want to try it.



2 comments:

  1. Happy, Happy, Happy Spring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! but don't you know, it's cloudy and rainy today...go figure!

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?