Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Friday, April 6, 2012

F is for Flowering Trees by Glory Lennon

A-Z Blogging Challenge keep hopping with F for flowering trees. Really, did you think F could stand for anything other than flowering trees at this glorious time of year?



Look at this beauty of a Crape Myrtle. It's rather different than most other crape myrtles of my acquaintance. The flowers are much smaller for instance. So much so that I didn't think it was a Crape Myrtle at all, but the exfoliating bark was a dead give-away. And there was the fact that it was labeled such and as we all know labels don't lie in botanical gardens...at least I hope they don't! That would totally throw me if they did!




Some flowering trees are more striking than others, that's for certain. Look at the size of this Viburnum's blossoms. Huge! Now some would argue, isn't that just a large shrub? All I can say is po-tay-to/po-ta-to. Large shrub or multi-stemmed small tree. Take your pick.





This is the lovely dogwood tree which likes to situate itself just on the edge of woods as an under story tree, for that dappled shade effect. It's so pretty in spring with those large four-petaled flowers. It brightens the entire woods.







Spring is just a wonderful time to witness the beauty of flowering trees. I advise you to go outside and look around. You're bound to see several of them.






4 comments:

  1. Flowering trees bring joy to my heart. The draw birds too. The birds acclaim is necessary, but I'm not although perhaps my happiness permeates the air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live where the world is covered in cherry trees and redbuds. So, naturally, I planted crepe myrtles. I love them.
    Red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is definitely my favorite time of year! That Viburnum must have smelt incredible!!
    Stopping by from the A to Z Challenge (#970) and following you on twitter. I always need gardening advice!
    Leigh @oneandoneequalstwinfun.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love this time of year, Glory? It's amazing how beautiful flowering trees are, and you've got some fantastically beautiful ones in your garden! Thanks for sharing such lovely pics of them:)

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?