Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I is for Icy-sticky stuff by Glory Lennon

I is for icy-sticky stuff. I'm betting you think this rather strange thing to make for the next A-Z blogging challenge. It's my overwintered tomato plant's fault. It is exuding icy-sticky stuff and I really don't know what it is.




I do have my suspicions, though. I believe you may recall that I found tiny white flies all over them. Well, I suspect the icy-sticky stuff is from them. How they may be doing it is any one's guess.

Eeeewww, yucky white flies! They are bad enough, but now the plants are all icy-sticky and the floor and the window and my hands even get the stuff on them. Just grotesque. I can't wait for warm enough weather so I can put these babies outside so I can dowse them in water to try to get rid of the buggers and then the ladybugs can come and take care of rest of them.





If you think I'm using any chemical stuff to rectify this, dream on, baby! I don't need anything toxic in my house or on my plants. especially not on plants which give me fruit! That would be insane. I'll just have to live with the icy-sticky stuff for a bit for time. No worries.

1 comment:

  1. Never cared for the icky side of gardening but fortunately its usually a tiny part. Slug slime is real resistant to washing off. Good job, Glory!

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?