Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Friday, April 20, 2012

R is for Relaxing

R is for Relaxing in this our...what day are we up to now? Ah yes, eighteenth day of April's A-Z Blogging Challenge.
Why, yes, I did finally get Tom to relax

Relaxing is as relaxing does, or so I say. What one person finds relaxing can be totally nerve-wracking to the next. For instance, I find the twittering of birds to be quite soothing, but I suppose that is because I'm a country girl. A city dweller might prefer to shoot the very same bird for disturbing his peace and may think nothing of blaring sirens and the loud, discordant music coming through the walls of his apartment. That would be hell to me!







Relaxing is tough for my go-getter Tommy whose usual speed is double time and you can easily double that when he's in a hurry. Yikes! I have a heck of a time keeping up with that guy!







Tom could take a lesson in relaxing from the cats he often finds wherever we may be. They snooze for 20 out of every 24 hours. Now that's relaxed!
















 Of course, that would kill Tom, I'm quite certain of it. I can barely get him to sit still for a few minutes at a time! I wouldn't be too keen on too much relaxing myself, come to think of it and I don't usually have trouble relaxing. Even when relaxing in front of the TV I have to be doing something with my hands or I simply can't relax. Yes, I know that may not make sense to some, but I do believe in the old adage which states idle hands are the devil's handy work.





 Folding laundry, while not entirely something I enjoy doing, is a good mindless thing to do while watching idiots on TV. The repetitive motion is relaxing to me. But then so is crocheting which is far more enjoyable and I usually end up with something useful for the trouble. MJ of Lots of Crochet Stitches would agree, I'm sure.




Justin like a manatee relaxing by floating

Of course, I also relax while weeding. Hmm, maybe I don't know how to relax after all. I guess I may be no better than Tom at actual real relaxing. We should both do as Justin does. Like a cat, Justin knows how to relax. Some might call him lazy, but have you ever known a lazy person who doesn't know how to relax? Exactly! Go to the relaxing expert!


3 comments:

  1. Lol! I'm in the middle. I find both the sound of the city and the tweeting of the birds quite relaxing. I'm a weird one, I know.:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well aren't you a little sneaky one, Glory? :) Thanks for the extra juice:) Relaxing is a great idea...plan to do it when the heat kicks in, and yes, I'll still be crocheting. As you pointed out so very well, that's a way to both relax and be productive simultaneously. Cute post, my friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY favorite bartender is a bit TOO relaxed, she brings her knitting to work. Or CROCHETING as she will loudly inform someone who miscalls the activity.
    Nice one, Glory!

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?