Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Friday, April 27, 2012

X is Xanadu

Yep, the April A-Z Blogging Challenge is almost to the end...almost, but not quite. We're on X and X is for Xanadu.

What the heck is Xanadu?  Glad you asked.




Somewhere between the disco era and an ultra-shiny-happy future where funky, big-hair dancers and polyester jumpsuit-wearing roller skaters zoom around a metallic makeup-wearing, bouncy Olivia Newton-John while she sings with the Electric Light Orchestra-- Jeff Lynn doing backup, of course-- about....









♫...A place where nobody dared to go
The love that we came to know
They call it Xanadu
(It takes your breath and it'll leave you blind)...

♫…  And now, open your eyes and see
What we have made is real
We are in Xanadu
(A dream of it,we offer you)







♫… A million lights are dancing
And there you are, a shooting star
An everlasting world and you're here with me
Eternally

 That, my friends, is Xanadu.

Now, I'm rather certain you're not so glad you asked why X is for Xanadu.

3 comments:

  1. Omg! What a blast from the past! Thank you for this...I think;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cool, and yes, I knew what Xanadu was before clicking on your post.

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?