Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Anticipation

So, I see this and many others all a-bloom as I'm driving up the road and anticipation hits me. Anticipation for what you ask?


Why don't you give it a guess. Here's a hint: It's in the rose family.


Here's another hint: I picked loads of them last year and I had them all to myself. No one else at home likes them.

Blackberries! Ooh, I can almost taste them already. YUM! Only thing is, will the anticipation kill me??? Not likely.

4 comments:

  1. Glory, nice flowers, we don't seem to have those berries around here, if they're like raspberries I would imagine they should grow here though ? Are they brambles with thorns?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a great big bramble with loads of deadly thorns growing along the side of the road and also in my back-40.Well worth the trouble of a prick or two to get these yummies in my tummy! I assume they are hardy enough for your spot of heaven. I'll have to check.

      Delete
  2. The blooms on my canes are fading fast. looking forward to July!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMMMmmm...blackberries are in the stores now and at farmer's marekt...but the ones int he local park are just blooming. I like them best in homemade ice cream!

    Yours look awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?