Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

How Does This Happen?

Well, I may ask how does this-- and many other things-- happen in my garden, but I usually know the answer.


Case in point, I found this shrub Honeysuckle growing right along side, almost inside and mixed up with a Rose-Of-Sharon. At first glance it would seem it happened overnight--that is to say, they do grow quick enough to make you think this, but it's not the case, of course. I missed it as a tiny seedling and it grew unheeded, untouched and very fast. By the time I found it, the Honeysuckle was already half a Glory tall and much more difficult to extract.


Easy to do...to miss it I mean. It's also easy to snip it in the bud and be done with it....if you are lucky enough to catch it as a seedling. *Sigh* that's my problem...never quite catch them in time. Hence why I find myself asking how does this happen?




4 comments:

  1. Glory, you need honeysuckle and maple tree alarms, and the will to pull those babies out of the ground when you first see them when they are knee-Glory high and still LITTLE, but of course they are so darned cute, so you subconsciously leave them there, loving every growing thing, you big softie! ":)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll dig thru my notebooks and find the complete Glory-based measurement system I can't remember it off hand.

    If momma nature gives you yew, you make a yew bow!

    Dont'cha?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A "Glory" is 5'1 and 1/2" in length. What in the world can I do with a yew bow?

      Delete

Whacha think?