Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

How'd That Happen?


Sometimes after I take a stroll in my garden I end up puzzling until my puzzler is quite sore.  This is the time I scratch my head and say, "How'd that happen?" I do that often when I tour the garden. I find a surprise around every corner...or I should say shrub. Okay, some are not so surprising nor puzzling, but still...




 I see my flowering Quince in full bloom and oddly enough it's sandwiched between the golden weeping cypress, a lilac and a cranberry viburnum. I swear it wasn't like that last year.

So how'd that happen? Easy, the silly things grew too quickly and too big. Ah, but for a bit of gardener's foresight!




This, however, does have me wondering what to do about it. These four shrubs were planted here in the side yard shrub border several years ago as tiny things but now...well, at least two of them have to go to give the others room, but where-o-where are the other two to go? Oy! I'll be puzzling on that for a while.

6 comments:

  1. Glory, stuff grows so fast at times it is amazing and I tend to underestimate how big a bush may get to be! I find myself pruning and clipping bushes that want to 'lean out' because it's a jungle out there at times! Your flowering bushes are beautiful, more of them should be hardy enough to survive here! ":)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I complain about my zone 5 but I couldn't imagine living where you are! You must be a much better gardener than I will ever be, I'm quite certain!

      Delete
  2. You plant talker you...now you've gone and gotten yourself featured in the latest episode of Blogging Destinations, all because of your amazing talents in the garden: http://mjjoachim.blogspot.com/2012/05/blogging-destinations-episode-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, gotta go see about that! Thanks MJ.

      Delete
  3. Glory time to get out your sorceress outfoot and shepherds crook so you can keep those straggling bushes in line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I traded my sorceress gown for garden gloves and the crook for a few seeds... the magic kind...they grow big ol' squashies, I'm told!

      Delete

Whacha think?