Glory's Garden

All the world's a garden, you know, and we are mere flowers within it. Come, I'll show you!

Don't get any funny ideas!

©2016 Glory Lennon All Rights Reserved

My Peeps!

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Hanging Baskets on the Porch




Remember the ten things I had to do before I did the one thing I wanted to do? Yes, well, hanging baskets on the porch was that one thing. Finally, I got to do it.







So, why, I hear you asking, are they empty? Isn't the point of having hanging baskets in order to plant flowers in them and make the house pretty? Oh, sure, and they will be pretty....eventually.

You see, I planted seeds and they seem to be taking their sweet time germinating.

Just to remind myself I stuck the empty seed packet between the wires in the hope I will know what I'm look for in this planter.


Of course, none of those look like Impatiens. That's because I also planted some Morning Glories...see the one with the heart shaped leaves next to the chain? Yep, that's a Morning Glory vine, YAY! The others? Well, I'm thinking they are weeds...just not certain.



I did plant other seeds in the baskets...just don't recall what they are. I know, it's quite pathetic of me. I should be able to remember at least that. Alas, no. But at least this way I'm in a perpetual state of surprise.

Whatever grows in these hanging baskets at least they'll have a pretty view from the porch.



8 comments:

  1. I love hanging baskets but they're so expensive. I got the one cheap one at Aldi's a couple of weeks ago and should have grabbed more of them.

    The price of baskets that already have flowers is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found some for only $3.99 at a Pricerite--I suppose that is a regional type store so you might not see them where you are. I was half tempted to get a few but I already had these.

      Delete
  2. Glory Lennon, I have never heard of anyone planting seeds in a hanging basket and waiting around for them to grow. We transplant flowers and house plants, etc. into them and hang'em up, instant flowers!! Impatiens are good, they'll grow..eventually....but our season is too short to wait!
    And btw, save money, try used flower pots, the plastic ones, drill 3 holes in the rim and install the hanger hooks you can get...hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a friend who does the same thing, so we couldn't be the ONLY ones, but so what if we are? The baskets were on super sale and are reusable so they will last me for years. Next year I will try to plant them early in the house, but I simply had forgotten i had them at all. Silly, forgetful me!

      Delete
  3. What a grand view you have! I was waiting to see those baskets ever since that 10 thing post...glad you go to it so quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps when I remember, M! My memory is shot. :-)

      Delete
  4. Greetings!

    I'm trying to visit all the participants of the 2012 A to Z Challenge and I have arrived at your lovely blog. Good luck with the rest of the year!

    Donna L Martin
    www.donasdays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Whacha think?